About Mt. Hermon United Methodist Church
Mt. Hermon Church is located at the Stokes/Rockingham County lines.
8011 Hwy 704
Madison, NC 27025
The original Mt. Hermon Church was organized in 1858 and was located three miles north of the present church. Old records show that from 1887 until 1905, Mt. Hermon Church was on the Danbury Circuit with five or more other churches. In 1910, services were discontinued at the original church site and were held in a log cabin, with Rev. J.H. Robertson as pastor. The cabin soon became crowded and those attending, and others desiring a place for worship, gave money and labor for a new building, which was called Mt. Hermon New Church.
From 1927-1930 seventy members were added to the church roll. A Fellowship Hall was built in 1956.
In 1968, a Fund-Raising Crusade was started to enable the erection of a new building at the present location, to be joined to the existing Fellowship Hall. The first service at the present Mt. Hermon United Methodist Church Sanctuary was held on April 9, 1972. A Picnic Shelter, located to the left of the Fellowship Hall was completed in 1980.
Treasurer: Marcia Pulliam 871-3552
Old Cemetery: Vickie Bullins 427-4276 or Charlie Gann 427-3037
New Cemetery: Rick Bullins 548-9840 or Lewis Manring 548-6714
Fellowship Building and Picnic Shelter
Rick & Vickie Bullins
Donations to the Cemetery Fund should be directed to:
1181 Delta Church Road
Sandy Ridge, NC 27046
Please use the "Find A Grave " link for a complete listing of interments at Mt. Hermon United Methodist Church
Rev. Walter Christian
Email - email@example.com
Musicians: Kaye Cook, Rick Bullins and Anna Key
Website: Nicole Manring